Spanish Rice & Beef
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long grain rice.
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 g can chopped tomatoes, un-drained.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 500 g boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
For the Pot
- All Purpose
- Wood Fired Camp Stove
- Medium Dutch Oven
Heat oven to 180'C.
Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, bell pepper, onion an garlic.
Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink.
Stir in rice, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
Add tomatoes and water.
Cook using the All Purpose Method @ 180'C, tightly covered, 30 to 35 minutes or until beef and rice are tender.
Remove from oven; stir in peas, and serve.