Meat Layer (Schichtfleisch)
For The Dutch Oven
- 2kg Pork Loin
- 20 Rashers Streaky Bacon
- 6-7 medium onions, peeled and and sliced 20mm thick
- 100g Any BBQ Rub
- 250g BBQ Sauce
- Cut the Pork Loin in to 25mm thick Steaks.
- Place in a non metalic container and cover with BBQ Rub and work in, place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours, best overnight.
- Peel and slice the onions into 20mm rounds.
- Line the bottom of a Large Dutch Oven with 10 slices of Streaky Bacon.
- Place a row of Pork Loin Steaks on edge, then a row of onions, repeat until all meat and onions have been used.
- Pour BBQ Sauce over the meat and onions.
- Top with the remaining Rashers of Streaky Bacon.
- Place Dutch Oven on a bed of 7 Coals and 16 on the Lid.
- Cook for 3 hours replacing the coals if necessary.