Spicy Turkey Leg
For The Turkey Leg
- 1 Turkey Leg
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tbs Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbs Garlic Granules
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground Tumeric
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Tbs Puree Beetroot.
- Put the ingredients except the turkey leg in a non metalic bowl and mix together.
- Release the skin from the Turkey Leg and pull it down to the thinnest part of the leg, do not remove the skin.
- Make several deep slashes in the flesh.
- Work the marinade into the slashes and all of the flesh.
- Pull the skin back up to cover the marinade.
- Use any remaining marinade on the skin.
- Leave in a refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, over night is best.
- Light your BBQ coals and get them ready for cooking on.
- Put the Turkey leg in to a Dutch Oven and set up the coals for Baking.
- The Turkey Leg should take 1 hour 15 minuets to cook, turning once.