Bacon Meat Layer (Schichtfleisch)
For The Dutch Oven
- 1Kg Bacon Joint
- 4 Large Cup Mushrooms
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 Can Mushroom Soup
- Cut the Bacon Joint in to 12mm thick Steaks.
- Peel and slice the onions into 12mm rounds.
- Slice the Mushrooms into 12mm slices.
- Place a row of Bacon Steaks on edge, then a row of Onions, then a row of Mushrooms, repeat until all meat and onions have been used.
- Pour Mushroom Soup over the meat, onions and Mushrooms.
- Place Dutch Oven on a bed of 7 Coals and 16 on the Lid.
- Cook for 3 hours replacing the coals if necessary.