For The Marinade
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 150 ml Hot Sauce
- Mix the Plain Flour, Baking Powder and Cornflour in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the seasoning ingredients together.
- Save 2 tsp of the seasoning mix.
- Add the remaining seasoning mix to the flour mix and incorporate thoroughly.
- In turn remove Chicken Thighs from the Buttermilk mix, shake off excessive mix.
- Place Chicken Thigh into the Flour Mix and cover completely with flour.
- Put on to a plate and repeat until all chicken is covered.
- Heat a Medium sized Dutch Oven with 1/3 off Vegetable Oil to 176'C.
- Put 4 Chicken Thighs in to oil and deep fry for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat with the remaining Chicken Thighs.
- Sprinkle the saved Seasoning Mix over the Chicken, and serve the Chicken while still hot.